Do you have a tooth that is damaged, decayed, or otherwise imperfect? If so, you may be a candidate for a dental crown. Dental crowns are an ideal solution for restoring the function and appearance of your smile following critical damage to the natural tooth.
At Blue Ridge Dentistry, we offer high-quality dental crowns that are customized to match the natural shade of your teeth. Even more exciting, our crowns are designed, crafted, and ready to place within 24 hours. We also offer a variety of financing options to make dental crowns more affordable.
If you would like to learn more about dental crowns, we invite you to read below! Contact our Boone, NC office if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth to cover it. The crown restores the shape, size, and strength of the original tooth. It also improves the appearance of your smile. The purpose of the crown is to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or from decay
- Support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- Attach a dental bridge
- Cover misshapen or discolored teeth
- Restore a dental implant
Benefits of Dental Crowns
There are many benefits of dental crowns. In addition to restoring your smile and improving the function of your natural teeth, dental crowns also offer the following benefits:
- They are very durable and can last for many years with proper care.
- They are made to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth.
- They are very versatile and can be used in a variety of dental procedures.
- They are easy to care for and only require regular brushing and flossing.
The Dental Crown Process
The procedure for getting a dental crown will vary slightly from patient to patient, but overall, every process consists of the following steps.
- First, the tooth will be prepared for the crown. This involves removing any damaged or decayed tissue from the tooth and shaping the tooth to fit a crown.
- Next, a mold or impression of the tooth will be taken. This will be used to create your custom dental crown.
- A temporary crown will be placed over the tooth while your permanent crown is being made.
- Once the permanent crown is ready, you will come back into our office to have it placed. The crown will be checked for fit and then cemented into place.
- You will be given aftercare instructions and be on your way!
24-Hour Dental Crowns*
While many offices take weeks to fabricate custom dental crowns, our office uses the latest in dental technology to have your crowns ready in just 24 hours. We understand that you don’t want to wait around for your smile to be restored. You want to enjoy a beautiful, functional, and healthy smile as soon as possible. And we are here to make that happen.
*Please note that 24-hour crowns are available by appointment.
Milling Your 24-Hour Crown*
At Blue Ridge Dentistry, we utilize state-of-the-art milling technology to create custom dental crowns. This advanced process involves using computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) to transform a block of dental-grade ceramic or porcelain into a perfectly shaped and sized dental crown. The milling machine receives precise digital measurements from your tooth impression and carefully carves out your crown with unmatched accuracy.
The use of milling technology not only speeds up the process of crafting your dental crown but also ensures a superior fit and appearance. By employing this cutting-edge technique, we can provide you with dental crowns that seamlessly blend with your natural teeth, enhancing the overall aesthetics and functionality of your smile.
*Please note that milling for 24-hour crowns is available by appointment.
A Restoration That’ll Make You Smile
If you think you may need a dental crown, we invite you to contact our Boone, NC office today. One of our skilled and experienced dentists will be happy to evaluate your smile and determine if dental crowns are the best solution for you.